Welcome to Lucca!
Il giardino del pettirosso is a cozy and elegant bed & breakfast distant just 5 minutes walk from the medieval walls and centre of Lucca.
We offer our guests private parking, air conditioning and TV in every room and private bathroom.
Our garden provides a relaxing and quiet spot where we usually serve breakfast, homemade with fresh local and organic products.
“Il giardino del pettirosso” can be translated more or less as “The robin’s garden”.
It means that with a little luck you may be welcomed by the twittering of robins who very often like to spend some time in our garden…that is why we decided to thank them for the cheerfulness they bring us by mentioning them in our name and logo.
Staying with us is surely comfortable because of our location but also for
- those who love to move around on foot or by bike: Porta S. Anna is just two minutes walk from here and Porta S. Donato about 400 mt, through these two important wall gates you enter directly into the heart of Lucca’s historical centre with its monuments, museums and artisan shops.
- those who arrive by car and are clueless as to where they can leave it: our private parking offers enough space for up to 5 medium-sized cars
- those who come to Lucca for work and frequently need to move around in their car: besides being so close to the city centre, we are also right on the main boulevard from which you can reach the outskirts of Lucca and the motorway
You can reach Il giardino del pettirosso
- By train: Lucca’s railway station is about 1 km from here, we offer free transfer to and from the station
- By car: see the map and get directions from Google Maps
- By coach or bus: the main station and ticket office for buses to Versilia, Garfagnana, Pisa and Firenze is about 300 mt from here
- By plane: Firenze and Pisa airports are both less than 50 km from Lucca